Orbital Piston PD - Multipulse Medium Capacity Positive Displacement Flowmeters
Principle of Operation
The Liquid enters into a precision machined chamber which contains an oscillating piston. The positioning of the piston divides the chamber into compartments containing an exact volume. The liquid pressure causes the piston to oscillate and rotate its centre hub. The movements of the hub are sensed through the meter wall by a series of magnets. Each revolution of the piston hub is equivalent to a fixed volume of liquid, which is indicated as flow by an indicator or totaliser. Close clearances between the piston and the chamber ensure minimum slippage of the liquid for highly accurate and repeatable measurement of each volume cycle.
- Flows: 0.2~330 litres/min ( 0.05~90 US gal/min )
- Sizes: 15, 20, 25, 40 & 50mm ( 1 /2”, 3 /8”, 1”, 11 /2”& 2”) connections
- High accuracy & repeatability, direct reading flowmeter
- No requirement for flow conditioning ( straight pipe runs etc. )
- Intrinsically safe & explosion proof models available
- Quadrature pulse output option & bi-directional flow
- Single moving parts
Calibration – PD Flowmeters
All Trimec Flow Products positive displacement (PD) flowmeters are flow tested and each is supplied with an individual calibration certificate. Calibration is traceable to the National Measurements Institute (NMI) Australia. PD flowmeters, due to their application on a wide range of liquid viscosities, are calibrated at one point, multipoint calibration for PD meters is available on request at an additional charge.